- ShopRite Markets
- $61,760.00 -86,540.00/year*
379 W Shore Dr
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking and rotation of merchandise in the Floral Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in a safe and efficient manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including securing helium tanks, sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and refuse as needed
* Operate a baler and compactor.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance; including filling balloons, preparing, and wrapping, arranging and pricing merchandise.
* Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
* Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between various types of flowers and plants and related merchandise including use and care.
* Keep display cases and other merchandising areas stocked and signed; display merchandise in an attractive, appealing, neat and colorful manner.
* Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Floral Department that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Floral Service operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including name uniform, badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Perform duties in accordance with in the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative and operational assist, administrative and operational support, administrative assist, administrative support, assistant, associate, intern, shift, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...